When I drive up to the St. Jacob’s Market, it’s a zoo. No place to park. Have to go round and round, even following people who might be leaving to get a spot. Kind of defeats the whole local food thing.
So Saturday morning I gathered up my shopping trolley and took the bus. Number 9 to Conestoga Mall then the number 21 to the market.
It was great. I had time to run into the bank to get some money, saving a dollar fifty at the market ATM.
The bus was full, some people standing.
The woman beside me told me all about her birthday and her grown sons, the good one and the bad one. Reminded me of the Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence.
I filled up my bag, it was heavy to wheel around but I use it when I take the car too. But it was so nice to not have to sit in the traffic and I didn’t have to worry about a parking spot, just got off and on the bus.
There is also a tourist train to the market which is fun.
- RT @BrendaHalloran1: This is so frustrating to hear. Come on Ontarians. This upcoming election is so important. Your vote is so important… 2 hours ago
- Becsuse those of us who are fat haven't noticed we've gained weight. How ridiculous. Better to offer free and low c… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- Regional staff have already come back to council saying they don't agree a scramble is safe and the way to go. Just… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- RT @ShirleyLevene: I appreciate all the wonderful people who came out to the Leejay Calendar launch tonight! @Chief_BLarkin @CFifeKW @yourk… 19 hours ago
- RT @BardishKW: Shell-ebrating our turtle friends & promoting their conservation today on #WorldTurtleDay! The Midland Painted Turtle, commo… 1 day ago
- 21,550 hits