When I drive up to the St. Jacob’s Market, it’s a zoo. No place to park. Have to go round and round, even following people who might be leaving to get a spot. Kind of defeats the whole local food thing.
So Saturday morning I gathered up my shopping trolley and took the bus. Number 9 to Conestoga Mall then the number 21 to the market.
It was great. I had time to run into the bank to get some money, saving a dollar fifty at the market ATM.
The bus was full, some people standing.
The woman beside me told me all about her birthday and her grown sons, the good one and the bad one. Reminded me of the Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence.
I filled up my bag, it was heavy to wheel around but I use it when I take the car too. But it was so nice to not have to sit in the traffic and I didn’t have to worry about a parking spot, just got off and on the bus.
There is also a tourist train to the market which is fun.
- RT @RebsD: A first snowfall for Eritrean children new to Canada. #NewcomersWelcome #WelcomeToCanada #RefugeesWelcome #privatesponsorship #B… 17 hours ago
- RT @business: Cheap, quick access to space has officially arrived - and in some serious style bloom.bg/2Dxglsn https://t.co/pZOZTvUr… 17 hours ago
- RT @RNicholasBurns: Macron and Merkel were dignified and inspiring leaders in France this weekend. They honored the millions who died in a… 1 day ago
- RT @drivandalism: In synagogue on #Kristallnacht anniversary, Merkel warns against anti-Semitism timesofisrael.com/merkel-warns-a… 1 day ago
- RT @CathyDowner: Lovely service this morning at McCrae House. Lest we forget... @guelphmuseums @cityofguelph https://t.co/ZEF1njyD07 1 day ago
- 23,314 hits