When I drive up to the St. Jacob’s Market, it’s a zoo. No place to park. Have to go round and round, even following people who might be leaving to get a spot. Kind of defeats the whole local food thing.
So Saturday morning I gathered up my shopping trolley and took the bus. Number 9 to Conestoga Mall then the number 21 to the market.
It was great. I had time to run into the bank to get some money, saving a dollar fifty at the market ATM.
The bus was full, some people standing.
The woman beside me told me all about her birthday and her grown sons, the good one and the bad one. Reminded me of the Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence.
I filled up my bag, it was heavy to wheel around but I use it when I take the car too. But it was so nice to not have to sit in the traffic and I didn’t have to worry about a parking spot, just got off and on the bus.
There is also a tourist train to the market which is fun.
- RT @redman4region: Exciting day for the faith community: Waterloo Lutheran Seminary name change to Martin Luther University College. As a b… 5 hours ago
- RT @m_druker: Imagine if school taught: - time management - mental wellness strategies - digital security and privacy - budgeting - practic… 5 hours ago
- RT @JamesDEJ: “This is most exciting Canadian tech investment since the government nuked Gander Newfoundland, in an effort to turn it into… 5 hours ago
- RT @Duff_McC: yay! the @IronHorseKW is getting paved!! (From Vic to Gage) https://t.co/B8nsWy50UI 14 hours ago
- RT @MattSKW: Caught more @rideIONrt testing on my way home the other day! Love that this is a fairly common sight nowadays🚉📷 #myIONthetrain… 1 day ago
- 21,689 hits